Charlie's Bird

living the dream with Charlie and Thandi and chirping all the way back to the nest.


…what a weekend, I think I need a couple of days to recover from it!

Friday night we had dinner with friends out on their farm. Thandi had a blast with her little friend, and she discovered the joys of rollerskates! Look at this grin!


Saturday dawned a lot cooler than I anticipated, and we climbed into the car, Charlie drove me 2 and a bit hours away off to the mountains, so I could do a trail run. It wasn’t the toughest one I’ve ever done, but the conditions were harrowing! It was freezing, with a gale force wind driving the rain horizontally into you. Crikey! After some slow climbing initially we hit some flats, and even there I hardly made any progress as it was straight into the wind. Yoh! The second half was much nicer though, through a forest, and when we were exposed, the wind was behind us. So I made it home, and definitely wasn’t last!

020 015

Once I’d finished and caught my breathe, we hopped back into the car to drive back home – it did feel like an awfully long way to go to run in foul conditions…

Saturday evening Thandi had her fist sleep over at a friend’s house – she has stayed with aunties and grannies before, but never a friend. She was super excited! As was little Charlotte. And they had so much fun! Charlie and I went to dinner and anxiously watched our phones. But the call never came. We met up for breakfast on Sunday morning, and got her full report – she is already even planning her next sleep over!

After breakfast we headed off for  very fancy lunch on an appaloosa farm about 150km away. It was another adventure, and good fun! We had been invited as guests of my cheflady and we were quite spoilt! After a very civilized G&T, we started with a creamy prawn and potato gnocchi (prawns were a bit chalky and not great, but gorgeous light gnocchi), followed by a roasted stuffed duck served on parsnip puree with winter veggies (interesting take on duck, but I was disappointed not to crunch some crispy skin); and dessert was a salted caramel and dark chocolate torte, which was very nice! The farm only stocks Thelema wine, so we shared a bottle of their merlot – delicious!!!!

Then after a leisurely drive home, we headed back to TJ’s house to meet her sister who has flown in for a brief holiday. It was really nice to meet her, after having heard so much about her!

And then finally, it was home time… bedtime….


1 Comment»

  MamaCat wrote @

You have such peaceful pictures.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: